Possible to use snippts without mouse?

Hi all,

A vi veteran trying to enter the Atom universe here (hi, and wow!). I wonder whether somebody could help me out with this one. My goal is to use as little mouse as possible in atom, but I can’t figure out how to do the following:

Settings

In Atom settings, I can tab through the options on the right, but is there a way for me to go to the Editor section (under Core on the left) without using the mouse?

Snippets

I have both autocomplete-snippets (1.11.0) and snippets (1.1.4) enabled. I can’t figure out how to use snippets without using the mouse to click on the snippets prompt.

Please see the screen cast.

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to use the up/down arrows (or whatever you have bound to core:move-up and core:move-down) to navigate between the autocomplete options, then tab or enter to select it.

I can’t seem to reproduce the html snippet behavior you’re seeing: both tab and selecting the snippet using the mouse work identically for me. Can you double check the behavior in safe mode (atom --safe)?

Thank you for the reply. In the safe mode everything works as expected: I could use the arrow keys (up/down) to navigate, and tab or enter to select, so I need some help figure out why tab stopped working in my setup (up/down still works, so does enter).

I need tab to work since I’d like to use enter for something else.

Any idea on how I can find the offending packages/configurations?

Do you have emmet installed? If so, that’s the culprit. Otherwise, you can go to Settings -> Keybindings and filter by keybinding.

It’s indeed emmet! Thank you so much. All good now!

Any idea on my first question about keyboard navigation in Settings? (I should’ve asked that in another question)