Please help, I cannot install packages

Hi, I have tried to install packages, just keep on getting fs.js:922 error everytime. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. Run as administrator. It just will not install packages. I am running windows 10. Does anyone have any advice?

What is the text of the error? How long has this problem been happening? What version of Atom are you running? What happens when you start Atom from the command line with atom --safe?

I have tried to run the latest atom beta, and the latest atom stable program

this is the error code

Installing “platformio-ide-terminal@2.5.4” failed.Hide output…
fs.js:922
return binding.mkdir(pathModule._makeLong(path),
^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir 'C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_101\bin;\d-117631-10888-s6nmz7.sws653766r’
at Error (native)
at Object.fs.mkdirSync (fs.js:922:18)
at Object.mkdirSync (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.19.0-beta5\resources\app\apm\node_modules\temp\lib\temp.js:137:6)
at Request. (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.19.0-beta5\resources\app\apm\lib\install.js:335:41)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)
at Request.onRequestResponse (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.19.0-beta5\resources\app\apm\node_modules\request\request.js:1074:10)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:188:7)
at HTTPParser.parserOnIncomingClient [as onIncoming] (_http_client.js:474:21)

You didn’t answer my questions about safe mode or how long the error has been happening. See if the fix in this thread helps.

sadly safe mode doesnt work. Frustrated!! The text editor is brilliant and want to use it primarily.

What about the environment variables?

Worked greatly. Thanks !!! :yum: