Per folder/project packages

As a suggestion, it would be great if you could conditionally enable packages based on the type of project / folder that you’re opening atom from. Some packages (such as go-plus) need additional tools to work properly and it gets annoying to have to deal with prompts when working with non-Go projects.

Not sure if this can already be done at the package level? If so, sorry, and I’ll suggest it to the package maintainer :wink:

That said, I think it still would be beneficial.

I’m not sure what you mean by “deal with prompts”?

I was talking about this, but I realize it is specific to the package. This runs every time I open atom and it can’t find ./bin/gocode.

However, let me phrase it a bit differently or try to offer up a different example.

If I am working on a Go project in atom, then I might want a sidebar / panel for the debug tool, or some other packages active for every Go project. It might just be that i could have a “layout” for every Go project and add it in the same way I add a .gitignore file.

If I then move to working on a web project I might want to do it differently with a different set of tools. Right now atom doesn’t seem to deal with these cases very well, especially when I just want to edit a simple text file. It would be nice if we could modularize the whole package enabling / disabling a bit.

Ah, now I understand. Thank you :grinning: In that case, it seems that this is a duplicate of this previous topic:

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.