Particle-dev-complete

Hi, I’m using a photon from particle, and when I try to install the particle-dev-complete package it’s seems to be an error with npm packages I can’t see the error log because is really fast and well, I can’t see the red bug icon in status bar to try to solve the problem, I can see things like npm serialport packages issues and stuff, some idea ?

What happens when you use apm install from the command line?

Everything goes just fine, but when I open the atom editor I’t starts to finish the installation and I get the error, and it’s when the package particle-dev try to complete the installation, I have this
npm WARN deprecated spark@0.5.10: Use particle-api-js instead
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN installMany node-pre-gyp was bundled with serialport@4.0.1, but bundled package wasn’t found in unpacked tree
npm WARN engine deep-extend@0.4.1: wanted: {“node”:">=0.12.0",“iojs”:">=1.0.0"} (current: {“node”:“0.10.40”,“npm”:“2.13.3”})
node-pre-gyp ERR! install error
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack Error: Unsupported target version: 0.37.8
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at get_runtime_abi (/tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/node_modules/particle-dev/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/lib/util/versioning.js:156:23)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Object.module.exports.evaluate (/tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/node_modules/particle-dev/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/lib/util/versioning.js:277:19)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at install (/tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/node_modules/particle-dev/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/lib/install.js:148:31)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Object.self.commands.(anonymous function) as install
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at run (/tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/node_modules/particle-dev/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/bin/node-pre-gyp:79:30)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Object. (/tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/node_modules/particle-dev/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/bin/node-pre-gyp:131:1)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:474:10)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Linux 4.7.1-040701-generic
node-pre-gyp ERR! command “node” “/tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/node_modules/particle-dev/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/.bin/node-pre-gyp” “install” "–fallback-to-build"
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd /tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/node_modules/particle-dev/node_modules/serialport
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v0.10.40
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.6.29
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok
npm ERR! Linux 4.7.1-040701-generic
npm ERR! argv “/usr/share/atom/resources/app/apm/bin/node” “/usr/share/atom/resources/app/apm/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js” “–globalconfig” “/home/marcus/.atom/.apm/.apmrc” “–userconfig” “/home/marcus/.atom/.apmrc” “install” “/tmp/d-116718-17945-49odkb/package.tgz” “–target=0.37.8” "–arch=x64"
npm ERR! node v0.10.40
npm ERR! npm v2.13.3
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! serialport@4.0.1 install: node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the serialport@4.0.1 install script ‘node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build’.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the serialport package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls serialport
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /tmp/apm-install-dir-116718-17945-jmsj6q/npm-debug.log

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This is how I was able to get particle-dev working in Atom with Ubuntu 16.04 after looking at posts from @suda and nrobinson2000 from the Particle Community:

1. Make sure you have build-essential:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
  2. Make sure you have a current version of nodejs, you can substitute 6.x vs 7.x below:
    curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_7.x | sudo -E bash -
    sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
    (may need to restart your computer!)
  3. Remove the Particle packages from within Atom and exit Atom
  4. The problem child is particle-dev, so install it first from the terminal:
    export npm_config_runtime=electron
    apm install particle-dev
  5. Then do this from a terminal in your Home directory:
    cd ~/.atom/packages/particle-dev
    npm install nopt
    rm -rf node_modules/serialport
    export ATOM_NODE_VERSION=0.22.3
    apm install .
    apm install tool-bar
    apm rebuild-module-cache
  6. Now startup Atom and if red bug icon at lower right corner, select it then select Rebuild Modules and restart Atom
  7. Now add all the other Particle packages in Atom:
    particle-dev-cloud-variables
    particle-dev-cloud-functions
    particle-dev-profiles
    particle-dev-libraries
    language-particle
    particle-dev-release-notes
  8. You should now have extra icons in Atom like the Particle Web IDE and also a Particle menu item. If this did not work, try it in a different sequence!

I hope this helped save you some time . . .