Package settings are not saved

I have this problem with some packages, in particular open-recent and build. For some reason they don’t save their settings.

For example, open-recent should save a list of recently open files and folders but the list is always empty. It doesn’t remember the maximum number of list entries that I set, although I can see the correct number in package preferences. Build should save the height of the build window but next time I start Atom it always goes back to default, and again package preferences contain the right value.

I checked my ~/.atom directory to make sure everything is writeable. I also deleted the whole folder and installed the above packages again - no luck.

I have a gut feeling the different packages are responsible. You might try posting issues on their repos.

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?

Yes, I read the debugging document, can’t really tell anything new as I’m not getting any errors in dev tools and my config is quite minimal.

I’m using Atom 0.166.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Do other windows and packages remember their sizes and configurations? It sounds like it is just these two packages have a bug. I took a quick look through the code of the build package and couldn’t find where it was serializing the view state, so that might be part of why … but I could totally be missing it too.

I figured out why build didn’t remember the height, it looks like a bug in the package itself (created a PR here). I guess @mark_hahn was right about this.