'Open Folder' not working

Using 1.35.0 on Windows 10 x64.

Open Folder is not working, the dialog comes up as ‘Open File’ and selecting a folder then opening it just opens the folder in the dialog instead of the editor. I’m able to work around it by opening a file inside of the folder that I want to open but it’s a little annoying.

I haven’t made any configuration updates since this behavior started but I do see this release is new within the last 24 hours.

Hello. Welcome.

I can confirm your experience on my own installation running on Win10.
The select folder option is not offered like with add project folder.

Testing the open folder on V1.33-Beta, its response is much like add project folder.
What was the reaction of this command for you before V1.35.0?

BR

To clarify, “Open Folder” would launch a new Atom instance with the chosen folder as the project.

The keyboard shortcut shown in the menu (CTRL-SHIFT-O) works correctly(showing an Open Folder dialog), but selecting this via the menu shows “Open File” instead.

Issue opened and tracked here since yesterday: https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/18971

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

It was already reported when I looked on github, so nothing to do with me… :slight_smile: