Open file from Filezilla in current window

Hi!

I’m facing the problem pointed here with Atom 1.30 and Win 10 when opening a new file from Filezilla.

I would like to know what’s the current solution for this problem.

Best regards.

Looks like that issue and https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/3404 are both closed/resolved - what version of Atom are you running?

Please step through the process you’re using and what the results are. When I use RMB -> View/Edit in Filezilla, Atom opens a new window with the fz3temp-2 folder as the project folder. When I do the same to another file, Atom opens the new file in the same window. Do you have the temporary folder as your project folder in Atom?

Hi!

Thanks for replies.

I have Atom 1.30 as I told above.

I have a new window to each file selected to view/edit in Filezilla even with temp folder “fz3-temp2” in project panel to each window.

My setup in Filezilla is:

log "D:\Arquivos de programas\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" -open

js "C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\atom\atom.exe" -open

py "C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\atom\atom.exe" -open

html "C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\atom\atom.exe" -open

htm "C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\atom\atom.exe" -open

php "C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\atom\atom.exe" -open

Best regards.

The -open switch does indeed open a new Atom window every time. When I exclude that switch, the existing window is used every time.

I have the same behavior without this -open.

Then your experience is different from mine and I don’t know where our situations are different. What happens when you open a new file in Atom via Windows Explorer?

New file = new window with Windows explorer.

Then the issue, whatever it is, is not with Filezilla.

What happens when you rename your .atom/ folder and restart Atom with blank configs and no packages? What happens if you delete AppData/Local/atom/ and reinstall?

Hi!

I had problems with Platformio after delete .atom/ folder so a had to reinstall everything.

Now what I have noticed is if I’m running the first window as admin I’ll get a window to each file opened with double click or with Fillezilla.

If it’s running in normal mode I have all files in the same window.

I have to run Atom as admin when I want run some command on terminal otherwise I have lots of Python errors due permissions.

Best regards.

Another problem is when I have two windows with project folder added just the last closed will be restored later, so I have to add it again.

Running in normal mode I have this type of issue:

'platformio' não é reconhecido como um comando interno

ou externo, um programa operável ou um arquivo em lotes.

Unable to execute: platformio

Make sure cmd:'platformio' and cwd:'E:\Meus documentos\ARDUINO\GitHub\iSpindle-for-MQTT-only' exists and have correct ac

cess permissions.

Binaries are found in these folders: C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\sys

tem32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technol

ogies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;D:\Arquivos de programas\Safenet\SAC\x32;D:\Arq

uivos de programas\Safenet\SAC\x64;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppDat

a\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\;C:\User

s\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\atom\bin;C:\Users\Fernando

Garcia\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\Fernando Garcia\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin

What happens if you run FileZilla with admin permissions, then try to open a file in Atom while the Atom window is also running as admin?

I have the file in current window. None new window.

This way solves my problem with Filezilla but I can’t make it with files in explorer.

What should I make to fix this permissions errors with Python?

I don’t know why platformio needs admin permissions. I don’t see anything that has to do with Python in the error message, except where your PATH is printed.

Hi!

There’s anyway to force Atom open all files in the same window when the first window is running with admin permissions?

Best regards.

I don’t know, and I don’t know how I would find that answer.

I don’t know of a way either but for this issue you’re having with PlatformIO:

What should I make to fix this permissions errors with Python?

Maybe you can get help on their forum for that issue:

If that issue gets fixed, you won’t have to run as admin.

Hi!

Thanks for all support guys!

I did it: https://community.platformio.org/t/pio-only-works-when-atom-is-running-as-admin/5095

Anyway I think should have a way to force Atom open all files in the same window when the first is running as admin. Maybe it should be a “feature request”.

Best regards.