Not selecting until the end of the line

I have been playing around with Atom, thinking of switching from Sublime Text. My one pet peeve so far is how it highlights text.

In Sublime Text, when you select multiple lines, the highlighting on the line extends only to the end of where text is. In Atom, it extends all the way to the end.

Is there any way to change this? I searched around but couldn’t find anything, but I might just not know the right term to search for to find it.

Better selected text highlight?
Highlight only actual characters

that is definitely the kind of thing packages are meant for (personal customization). Unfortunately I don’t think it would be easy.

That was kind of what I was thinking. I kind of made a leap that if it could be done easily in package form, it would have been already.

Would be a nice default config.

I don’t want anyone to think I know it wouldn’t be easy. There could always be a nice surprise when checking into it. CSS can be surprisingly powerful.

@braver talked about this in another thread: Emulating this Sublime Text styling in Atom

but it looks like the short version is that you’d have to have to override the selection functions.

Actually, I like this. For the last line, it allows me to know whether the terminating newline is selected or not.