Not opening properly, even after reinstall

I’ve been using Atom for HTML/CSS for almost year now with no issues. I have no idea what happened, but yesterday when I tried to use it, instead of opening the program like normal, I got this:

Rebooting my machine and reinstalling Atom didn’t seem to do anything. I code as a hobby and am not particularly computer savvy, so that’s pretty much the extent of my own troubleshooting abilities. Any advice to help getting it working again would be appreciated.

If you click on Console, what’s the error message that you see? What happens if you start Atom from the command line with atom --safe?

Here are the error messages. Starting from the command line didn’t seem to do anything, just started the program on the console tab instead of the elements tab.

According to that error message, the folder .atom/compile-cache/ has some permission issues, which may have been due to Atom running with administrator permissions when it created the folder. Whatever the case, you can safely delete the whole compile-cache/. It just exists to make Atom start up more quickly, and will be regenerated if it goes away.

That seems to have fixed it, thank you.

No problem. :slight_smile: