No highlighted text?

Hi,

I have no idea how but somehow I don’t see any highlighted text in my Atom editor. I’ve tried different UI and syntax themes but I can’t seem to get it to work as usual. This has not been the case since I started using the editor and I indeed think that it surfaced when I was switching syntax themes. But then again, it doesn’t work as usual with the standard atom themes either.

Would be super if someone could help me, thanks in advance.

Greetings & with kind regards,

dcktf

update: it’s just in the HTML editor

Does this happen when you start Atom from the command line with atom --safe?

You can also go into Settings -> Packages, search for “language-html”, and make sure that you don’t have two of them or something.

By this, do you mean it’s only when the grammar is set to HTML?

Thanks for your response! With safe mode it’s not the case. Does that mean there is a double entry or something? Yes, it’s only when the grammar is set to HTML indeed.

It means that the problem is a package you have installed. You should go through and disable packages one at a time to see which one is causing the issue. The possible cause that comes first to mind would be if you had a package in .atom/packages named language-html, which would then override the built-in HTML grammar, but since I don’t know what packages you have on your machine, I can’t tell you exactly what’s causing it.