No Forced Indents Auto Indenting

Hello Atom Community,

Today I am starting a new discussion about atom auto indents. When using auto indent
you would expect indenting to follow the programmers indenting pattern not force indent
before before programmer chooses indent level.

To better define this I will give an example of how the current indent works. When writing
HTML I write my HTML skeleton by starting with my “DOCTYPE html”. Then I create
my html, head, and body tags ok. Now let say I have just created my head or body tag it forces
a new indent level when I create a new line before indenting level is defined by me like the example below.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>Untitled</title>
</head>

<body>
    <div id="wrapper">
        <header>
            <h1>Example</h1>
            <ul>
                <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
            </ul>
        </header>
        <main>
            <h1>Hello World</h1>
        </main>
    </div>
</body>
</html>

But when I create my HTML skeleton I do not indent the title, meta, link, and script tags within my head tags. Also I do not indent the first level of tags within my body tag like the example below.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
</head>

<body>
<div id="wrapper">
    <header>
        <h1>Example</h1>
        <ul>
            <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
        </ul>
    </header>
    <main>
        <h1>Hello World</h1>
    </main>
</div>
</body>
</html>

So I got an idea about the auto indent feature. Instead of forced auto indents how about
following the programmers indenting pattern. Not indent before a indent level is defined.
kind of like how most other modern editors handle indenting like Adobe Dreamweaver only
think is Adobe Bracket handles indenting like Atom currently that forces indenting inside
tags. I think it is easier to increase the tab indent level myself rather then backspacing the
forced auto indent. So in other word I would like Auto Indenting Following Indenting Levels.

Thanks for viewing my thread and hopefully I defined this well enough. Also I would contribute and fix problems if I had the time but currently I do not.

P.S. The only reason I am bringing this feature up is I really like atom but fine the forced indenting to be annoying.