Neuron - Electron, ES6, React, PouchDB, Sass, Webpack

Hey guys,

I’ve created a repo that’s gained a little popularity over the last 48 hours. It’s called Neuron (https://github.com/JamesTheHacker/Neuron), and is developed as an offline first starter pack that uses various tools to aid in the development of Electron applications. Originally I created it as a repo for my own applications, but it seems others have found it useful and for some reason it’s gained some popularity.

Up until recently I was creating applications using C# and WPF. As a web developer who has recently discoverd Electron I was blow away.

I’m looking to develop it further to create it into something usable and useful to other Electron developers. I welcome all pull requests, issues, and feedback. I have a lot of ideas and I’m going to spend some time developing Neuron further.

Currently I’ve built in: ES6, PouchDB (with CouchDB replication), Webpack, Sass, and React.

If anyone is interested in jumping on board create a pull request :slight_smile:

I’m a little confused by the ‘offline first’ designation. It’s no more ‘offline first’ than vanilla Electron, is it? Even then, I feel like ‘offline first’ refers more to the web on the web, as opposed to in hybrid apps.

I’m kind of splitting hairs here, I was really just wondering what you were going for with that and who the target audience for it is (other than new/existing Electron users looking for a bootstrap).

Speaking as an electron newbie, I’d very much appreciate some sort of mini-tutorial, something like a minimalistic App shown step-by-step. As it is now, neuron seems to be geared to non-beginners (i.e.: somebody who has an idea of what they are doing).

A legit target, by any means… but I find that starter-kits and boilerplate tend to be used mostly by beginners, with fluent dev developing their own set of configurations / frameworks…

Nice initiative anyhow, thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Nice work!

Would be huge help to have some sample pages that actually read/write to the db, instead of just displaying the logo :wink:

hint hint… please

Neuron is really cool, my only complain is that is currently discontinued, i hope to find time to update to last webpack and make a pull request. thank you very much.

the offline first behaviour is related to pouchdb and his autosync capabilities