Networking question

“Port 9090-9093 exposed. Note: you can specify another port in the Remote Server Command box in
the connection dialog box.”

This crops up a bunch, and my router doesn’t have an option for port forwarding, am I lost? I’m only looking to develop within local network

Can atom move my workspace to cloud someday?

You didn’t say you needed networking help, and you haven’t said anything substantial about your setup or what you’re trying to accomplish. If you’re only looking to develop within your LAN, you don’t need port forwarding. The function of port forwarding is to translate your home IP address into the address of one of your computers so that it can be connected to from the outside.

How do I go about working in lan as I imagine I’d have to host ftp server or something if remote sync doesn’t appear to make the distinction @DamnedScholar Neither the nat settings or port forwarding are enabled on my dsl router :stuck_out_tongue:

Running filezilla server this occurs: Please configure the passive mode settings and forward a range of ports in your router.

I hope it’s at least possible to connect to local host running on another machine by entering the same adress within LAN?

Hmph, they say you must do networking stuff if connected via wi-fi, but if you’re connecting to remote lan server you replace localhost with ip adress of device.

It is. If you have an FTP or SSH server running on the destination machine, you can connect via the local IP address.

Running filezilla server this occurs: Please configure the passive mode settings and forward a range of ports in your router.

You need to provide more information about what you’re doing before someone can help you.

they say

Who says?

networking stuff

Please define “networking stuff”.

I can’t emphasize enough that you have to communicate clearly and not leave any details out. If you are not precise and thorough in your request for help, you cannot expect people to be willing to help you for long.

Pretty much starting filezilla and “connecting” to server results in warning about router that I can do nothing about, and the impression is that this FTP thing isn’t happening since router may not accept connection via wifi rather than cable given that you also then have to configure firewall at least.

I’ll just move on to local home group feature which is probably that same FTP thing, and ngrok.