So, my current obsession is working on Atom’s
spell-check module to support some features that I use pretty heavily while writing novels. I think I have a working solution, but I need help because I don’t have access to a few things:
In specific, what I’ve done:
- Added configuration settings to allow for multiple locales (en-US, de-DE).
- Added support for a settable known word list, which lets you add known words. This uses RegExp so it’s pretty open.
- Have it guess at the locale of the current user.
- Added an infrastructure (via provides) that allows for other dictionary packages to contribute to spelling. I actually have an example of that for a project-specific dictionary which works pretty decently for me (put the words in
language.jsonand have it picked up for only files in that project).
- Added the support for adding words to various dictionaries.
- Allow for pluggable spell-checking modelled after Linter
- Default system dictionary not honored under debian
- Multiple/language dictionaries
- Add a way to choose the current language
- Learn spellings / Add words to dictionary enhancement
What I need help with:
- I don’t use OS X, so I don’t know if dictionary lookup works or how to install other dictionaries.
- I have en-US as my default locale, I want to know if this correctly identifies the default locale for Linux, WIndows, and OS X users who are not en-US.
- Does it actually work?
My work is currently on GitHub at https://github.com/dmoonfire/spell-check Installing seems to be pretty simple, clone the repository,
apm rebuild, and
apm link. Because it is a built-in package, I can’t really set it up on the apm repository at this point.
Any help would be great. I’m looking to finish this specific project so I can move on to the next one (Linter support probably).