Need help converting entire text to sentence case!

Hi! I have a large block of text (about 600 pages), and throughout I have half sentences in CAPS and need to find a way to make it all sentence case. I wish I could do so without affecting any acronyms, i.e., USA, IRS, etc, but I’ll accept that loss if I must. Here’s an example of my mess:

The highest risk for suicide attempt is A MIDDLE AGED MAN, WHO CALLS THE SUICIDE HOTLINE SAYING HE FEELS VERY LONELY AND HAS BEEN THINKING ABOUT KILLING HIMSELF FOR THE PAST WEEK — he lacks social support!

Thanks in advance for any help.

I’m not sure, but the change-case package might do what you want

I have a feeling using Atom would be very slow. I would use a Ruby or Python script.

Not sure how to go about using a package or Ruby or Python. I apologize for being an ignorant knucklehead regarding Atom. This will be only my second attempt, and the first attempt utilized a lot of forum help. ;-). If anyone can give me a little step-by-step I’d be grateful.

Writing a Ruby/Python script is beyond the scope of this forum. I would check stack overflow. As for using a package, read the basics then come back here if you have more questions.

I don’t think this would be a problem. It might take a second or two which surely would be fast enough.

Do I need to select anything special when initiating this command?

change-case:sentence

Help! I just need a little clarification. Thanks.

Looks like you’re supposed to select the text you want to change, but when I try it, nothing happens. Would you like to report a bug on the package, or try another package?

I’d be happy to use any command that works. I just want to make the entire doc sentence case and get rid of all the CAPS. I apologize for not having much of a clue.

I’m sorry :frowning: I looked and searched but couldn’t find anything that changes the beginning of a sentence to upper case. I couldn’t even find anything that would find out what is a sentence.

Thanks for trying. I’m hopeful to find a simple way to change all sentences to sentence case. The search continues . . .