I know similar questions have been made in the past but the vast of information just makes it more complex for a newbie like me.
I am going to build an electron app which is going to be run by 3 users simultaneously (in a LAN through a NAS) and i am looking for a database solution that can offer consistency on this multiuser environment and also be bundled with electron, I don’t really mind if it’s relational or not.
SQLite is ruled out as its locking mechanism is a pain for multi-user usage.
Most posts i’ve read point to NeDB as it can store all data in json files. That said, LinvoDB claims to be an improvement of NeDB but i could not find file storage in its features.
I have also taken a look at:
- Realm.io (creating multiple local realms seems appealing)
- localForage (no file storage available)
- RxDB (no file storage but import/export available)
- Nano-SQL (no file storage but import/export available)
- LokiJS (no file storage available)
- ForerunnerDB (no file storage available w/o node.js)
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.