I would also like an MSi version of install to distribute your install to our users. We deploy all applications silently via SCCM deployment.
I have tried the following CmdLine Switches via a System account. (this will simulate deploying any app via SCCM)
- AtomSetup-x64.exe --machine -s
- AtomSetup-x64.exe --machine
- AtomSetup-x64.exe --machine --s
if you would like to reproduce, simply download SysInternalSuite from Microsoft, and install PSEXEC.exe in your System32 directory
- From an CMD.exe as Admin run psexec.exe /s /i cmd.exe
- from new CMD you are now running everything via System Account
I think Squirrel makes it easy to turn it back on MSI… https://github.com/Squirrel/Squirrel.Windows/blob/master/docs/using/machine-wide-installs.md
Just Flip the switch and you will make all of us Enterprise folks happy.