Mix of monospaced and non-monospaced font in autocomplete suggestions

Under many UI themes (e.g. Atom’s default dark ui theme, Atom Material, Atom Soda Dark), autocomplete suggestions appear in a mixture of monospaced and non-monospaced fonts

However, under at least one theme (Nucleus Dark), the font is uniform:

How can I set all themes to use a monospaced font uniformly across each autocomplete suggestion?

@Noffica I can’t reproduce this issue. Here a screenshot with atom-soda-dark-ui and one-dark-syntax themes:

1. In the Settings, did you add a specific Font Family? I’m using Fira Mono, but even when I remove it, still both, the editor and auto-complete are monospaced. I think it Menlo by default on OS X.

2. What OS are you using?

3. Is there anything in your styles.less file that might override the font family?

• This issue is independent of font.
  • My OS is OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
  • My styles.less file is in its default, factory state.

What language and autocomplete provider are you using to create that screenshot?

The issue is language syntax independent. In the screenshots, it’s JavaScript. It also happens with Markdown.

Auto complete provider is autocomplete-plus (current version 2.25.0) by Atom (current version 1.5.4).

Can you replicate the problem in Safe Mode? To launch Safe Mode:

1. Completely exit all instances of Atom
  2. Launch Atom with the command atom --safe

Yes, the problem still exists.

Which font is it using? You can open up the developer tools, bring up the tooltip and then use the DOM viewer to navigate to the tag and look at the font.

You might have to play around a little, but make sure you only click/navigate in the DOM because it will hide the autocomplete dialog if you click in the client area.

If you find the font-family attribute, track down the one you actually have. CSS starts at the left and goes to the right until it catches it (in the example, I have Consolas but I don’t have Menlo). You should be able to then look at the font and see if it handles dashes poorly (from your screenshot, it looks like it is monospace except for the dash) or if you can install a new font that will do a better job.