Migrate to ES6?

Hello everyone!
I’ve been working for the last few months, so now I’m quite behind on Atom matters.

I have a question for you guys: could it be a good practice to migrate packages to ES6 (I mean, my packages)? I was thinking about a fix that I have to do on one of my packages, and I started thinking about how to do it in ES6 (since it uses atom-space-pen-views, so it will probably be a bit tricky). Is it worth it in your opinion?

Cheers!

Yes. Atom’s been slowly migrating to ES6, and in general new files are all committed in ES6 and not coffeescript. You may want to check out etch as a potential replacement for space-pen.

Thank you for the answer. I will integrate etch first, then I’ll convert my package in ES6 (I guess it will happen the same for the native packages, sooner or later!).
Cheers!

You can check out https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/13254 if you want some reference code for how to replace atom-space-pen-views.

@Ben3eeE that’s useful, thanks.
I was actually thinking about getting rid of any library and just create my element using the document. I’m refactoring my atom-clock package, and its activation would be much faster without etch or atom-space-pen-views.