Markdown syntax behaves really weird

As you can see, the second line is somehow shifted and the code block is completely messed up. I tried changing my theme and color scheme, but that doesn’t change anything. I have no plugins to enhance markdown functionality installed.

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have Emmet installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

I’m using Atom version 1.0.19 on Mac OSX El Capitan (10.11). I do not have Emmet installed.

Opening the file in Atom safe mode fixes it:

What this means is that you have a third-party package that is causing the issue. People have had success using the package-cop package in tracking down these kinds of things.

Is it also present in the default syntax theme (one-dark)? If not, which syntax theme are you using?

The issue is the increased font-size. My theme pen-paper-coffee used this too and it was usable until some previous releases of Atom ago. The problem was exactly the same as in the screenshot of @schisma . I switched back to unisize fonts until issues with differing font-sizes are fixed in atom.

Relevant issue: https://github.com/atom/atom/pull/8811#issuecomment-145258189
@nathansobo states, that overlapping lines with increased font-size won’t be fixed in the near future:

Because lines are grouped into tiles that are absolutely positioned by
multiplying the start row of the tile by the height of a “typical” line,
we’ll still have issues dealing with varying line heights and font
sizes. It’s something we’ll need to address separately and it could be a
while until we’re ready, but definitely open to supporting it in the
long run.

issue regarding headings on pen-paper-coffee: https://github.com/nylki/pen-paper-coffee-syntax/issues/20

Thanks, that fixed it!