Markdown Previewer is blank

Markdown Previewer is blank when trying to view two different md files. I’ve closed and re-started the program just to make sure it wasn’t some glitch, but I’m afraid it appears to be a bug. I have a screen shot to show a visual example of what I’m referring to.

I tried to reproduce it by doing the following:

1. Open a.md file, then hit [ctrl-shift-m] to show the Markdown Preview tab
  2. Open b.md file, then hit again [ctrl-shift-m] to show a second preview tab

This resulted of having 2 preview tabs open, both worked fine and had the html rendered. Did you do something different? In your screenshot I only can see one MD file. Are you closing the first before opening the second?

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have the Shadow DOM feature enabled?
  • Do you have the Emmet package installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

I had this same issue. For me disabling the package, restarting atom, enabling the package seems to have fixed it

@simurai I had two tabs open, but only had one MD file selected and only one preview open.

@leedohm I’m currently using version 0.175.0, my OS is Windows 8.1, Shadow DOM
is enabled, I don’t have the Emmet package installed, and I’m not sure
how to restart Atom into atom --safe. I did a search around for it and
looked in the settings too.

@olmokramer I disabled the previewer package, restarted Atom, enabled the package, and tried again, but it’s still showing up blank.

You can start atom in safe mode by running atom - - safe from the command line

Ok. Yes MD previewer works in Safe mode.

So that would imply that what is breaking Markdown Preview is a package you have installed. @mark_hahn’s package-cop package can help hunt it down.

@leedohm Thanks Leedohm, that narrowed it down to a hand full of packages that didn’t pass. Long story short, merge-conflicts was causing the issue.