Markdown Previewer is blank


#1

Markdown Previewer is blank when trying to view two different md files. I’ve closed and re-started the program just to make sure it wasn’t some glitch, but I’m afraid it appears to be a bug. I have a screen shot to show a visual example of what I’m referring to.


#2

I tried to reproduce it by doing the following:

  1. Open a.md file, then hit [ctrl-shift-m] to show the Markdown Preview tab
  2. Open b.md file, then hit again [ctrl-shift-m] to show a second preview tab

This resulted of having 2 preview tabs open, both worked fine and had the html rendered. Did you do something different? In your screenshot I only can see one MD file. Are you closing the first before opening the second?


#3

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

  • Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have the Shadow DOM feature enabled?
  • Do you have the Emmet package installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

#4

I had this same issue. For me disabling the package, restarting atom, enabling the package seems to have fixed it


#5

@simurai I had two tabs open, but only had one MD file selected and only one preview open.

@leedohm I’m currently using version 0.175.0, my OS is Windows 8.1, Shadow DOM
is enabled, I don’t have the Emmet package installed, and I’m not sure
how to restart Atom into atom --safe. I did a search around for it and
looked in the settings too.

@olmokramer I disabled the previewer package, restarted Atom, enabled the package, and tried again, but it’s still showing up blank.


#7

You can start atom in safe mode by running atom - - safe from the command line


#8

Ok. Yes MD previewer works in Safe mode.


#9

So that would imply that what is breaking Markdown Preview is a package you have installed. @mark_hahn’s package-cop package can help hunt it down.


#10

@leedohm Thanks Leedohm, that narrowed it down to a hand full of packages that didn’t pass. Long story short, merge-conflicts was causing the issue.