Linter & linter-js-standard - does it work?


#1

Hi there,

I installed linter-js-standard as in one of my projects JavaScript Standard Style is used.

Now I’m not so sure, whether it really works as no matter how I mess my javascript code, linter does not complain at all.

I tried invoking linter (Command Palette - Linter: Lint), but I cannot see anything happening.

Can someone please assist?

Atom    : 1.29.0
Electron: 2.0.5
Chrome  : 61.0.3163.100
Node    : 8.9.3

Built-in Atom Packages (92)
├── atom-dark-syntax@0.29.0
├── atom-dark-ui@0.53.2
├── atom-light-syntax@0.29.0
├── atom-light-ui@0.46.2
├── base16-tomorrow-dark-theme@1.5.0
├── base16-tomorrow-light-theme@1.5.0
├── one-dark-ui@1.12.3
├── one-light-ui@1.12.3
├── one-dark-syntax@1.8.3
├── one-light-syntax@1.8.3
├── solarized-dark-syntax@1.1.5
├── solarized-light-syntax@1.1.5
├── about@1.9.1
├── archive-view@0.65.1
├── autocomplete-atom-api@0.10.7
├── autocomplete-css@0.17.5
├── autocomplete-html@0.8.4
├── autocomplete-plus@2.40.6
├── autocomplete-snippets@1.12.0
├── autoflow@0.29.4
├── autosave@0.24.6
├── background-tips@0.28.0
├── bookmarks@0.45.1
├── bracket-matcher@0.89.2
├── command-palette@0.43.5
├── dalek@0.2.2
├── deprecation-cop@0.56.9
├── dev-live-reload@0.48.1
├── encoding-selector@0.23.9
├── exception-reporting@0.43.1
├── find-and-replace@0.215.12
├── fuzzy-finder@1.8.2
├── github@0.17.3
├── git-diff@1.3.9
├── go-to-line@0.33.0
├── grammar-selector@0.50.1
├── image-view@0.62.4
├── incompatible-packages@0.27.3
├── keybinding-resolver@0.38.1
├── line-ending-selector@0.7.7
├── link@0.31.4
├── markdown-preview@0.159.20
├── metrics@1.2.8
├── notifications@0.70.5
├── open-on-github@1.3.1
├── package-generator@1.3.0
├── settings-view@0.255.0
├── snippets@1.3.3
├── spell-check@0.73.5
├── status-bar@1.8.15
├── styleguide@0.49.11
├── symbols-view@0.118.2
├── tabs@0.109.2
├── timecop@0.36.2
├── tree-view@0.222.0
├── update-package-dependencies@0.13.1
├── welcome@0.36.6
├── whitespace@0.37.6
├── wrap-guide@0.40.3
├── language-c@0.59.10
├── language-clojure@0.22.7
├── language-coffee-script@0.49.3
├── language-csharp@1.0.4
├── language-css@0.42.11
├── language-gfm@0.90.5
├── language-git@0.19.1
├── language-go@0.45.4
├── language-html@0.50.1
├── language-hyperlink@0.16.3
├── language-java@0.30.0
├── language-javascript@0.128.8
├── language-json@0.19.2
├── language-less@0.34.2
├── language-make@0.22.3
├── language-mustache@0.14.5
├── language-objective-c@0.15.1
├── language-perl@0.38.1
├── language-php@0.44.0
├── language-property-list@0.9.1
├── language-python@0.50.1
├── language-ruby@0.71.4
├── language-ruby-on-rails@0.25.3
├── language-sass@0.62.0
├── language-shellscript@0.26.6
├── language-source@0.9.0
├── language-sql@0.25.10
├── language-text@0.7.4
├── language-todo@0.29.4
├── language-toml@0.18.2
├── language-typescript@0.3.4
├── language-xml@0.35.2
└── language-yaml@0.32.0

Community Packages (21) /Users/shk/.atom/packages
├── Sublime-Style-Column-Selection@1.7.4
├── aligner-golang@0.1.0
├── atom-beautify@0.32.5
├── atom-ide-ui@0.13.0
├── busy-signal@1.4.3
├── git-plus@8.0.0
├── go-plus@5.8.5
├── goto-definition@1.3.4
├── ide-go@0.7.0
├── ide-php@0.7.14
├── intentions@1.1.5
├── language-blade@0.40.0
├── language-gettext@0.6.1
├── language-vue@0.23.1
├── linter@2.2.0
├── linter-js-standard@5.1.0
├── linter-ui-default@1.7.1
├── php-ide-serenata@4.4.0
├── project-manager@3.3.6
├── standard-formatter@2.8.0
└── symbols-tree-view@0.14.0 (disabled)

#2

Update: I removed all installed packages. Started atom again and reinstalled linter and all its dependencies (linter-ui-default, intentions and busy-signal). Then I reinstalled linter-js-standard.

I opened this small test file

console.log('test');
++
a

but still linter does not complain about anything.


#3

Seems I found the issue: https://github.com/ricardofbarros/linter-js-standard/issues/220