Line number column disappears

I noticed that the line number column started disappearing when I start atom. Here’s a gif of what it looks like when the app is loading:

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Does it happen if you start Atom from the command line with atom --safe?

yes, but in a different way: the line numbers don’t appear on load and then disappear shortly after, they are never present at all when started with atom --safe

In Settings View on the Editor tab do you have “Show Line Numbers” checked?

Thanks…that solved it. I feel like an idiot now.

Although I still have no idea how this setting was switched off. Is there a standard keybinding for toggling this?

I don’t think so. You can always check in the Settings View → Keybindings tab to see if you have a keybinding for something.

What if switching line numbers on does not work? (Restarting ATOM in safe mode shows the line numbers though…, but not restarting in normal mode…)

What happens if you change your syntax theme?

Thanks for your help!

Nothing changes when changing the theme. I had a look at the theme settings but could not find anything helpful.

Line numbers are showing for a few seconds when opening atom, but then disappears…

Well, in that case it’s probably one of the packages you have installed. You should disable them one at a time until it stops happening.

I will give that a try.

Thank you so much for helping!