Kiosk window blank when minimized then brought back

Dear Electron support team,

I would appreciate greatly if you can provide some help on this, I searched the forum and didn’t find similar topic:

I’m using Electron v 1.2.6. The BrowserWindow is opened with “kiosk: true” so it doesn’t have the minimize/close button. In order to minimize the window, I used ipcrender to send the message to the main process, the main process then calls BrowserWindow.minimize(). All these work as expected, the window is minimized to the taskbar. The problem is when one clicks on the icon on the taskbar to bring the window to the front again, the window is just blank, you have to use alt-tab to bring some other window to the front first, then the browse window, to force the repaint.

The regular(non kiosk) BrowserWindow’s minimize button works fine, no blank issue.

I used preload to load ipcrender into the web page.

If you wonder why do we need minimize with kiosk mode, the application will lock down (hide the minimize/close) after certain point, but allow minimize/close before that.

Thank you very much,
Rachel Wu

Hi there,

Here are some more observations:

When I use a C# program to launch Electron and call ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_SHOWMINIMIZED), then ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_RESTORE) on the main window handle, I got the same issue: blank window. Once the browser window is minimized then back, the only way to force repaint is putting another window on top of it, then manually bring the browser window to the front again.

but the same doesn’t happen with hiding window ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_HIDE), then ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_RESTORE).

Any updates on if this is going to be fixed or not?

Thanks,
Rachel