Keyboard shortcut to open folder on Windows

Hi,

Is there any reason why Windows is the only OS on which you can’t open a folder with a keyboard shortcut?

• On OS X, you can just use Cmd-O to open both files and folders
  • On Linux, you can use Ctrl-O to open files and Ctrl-Shift-O to open folders
  • On Windows, you can use Ctrl-O to open files, but you have to use your mouse to go to the file menu to open a folder

The problem here can’t be that Windows doesn’t support this behaviour, since many applications do have the option to open a folder. No available keyboard shortcuts also can’t be an argument, since Ctrl-Shift-O, which is used on Linux, isn’t currently being used for something else in the Windows version.

If there isn’t any reason that this feature isn’t included, maybe it’s a good idea to include it in Atom by default. And yes, I know I can customise my keybindings, but it seems to me that it would probably be best if the editor is largely similar on all platforms.

Submit a PR? This is the file you need to change: https://github.com/atom/atom/blob/master/keymaps/win32.cson

PRed. Thank you for the suggestion, @thomasjo! Sometimes you just don’t think of simple things like that…

Since the issue is ‘closed’, do I need to contact a moderator to close this topic, report the topic, do nothing, …?

The PR hasn’t been merged yet. If you update the topic when the PR is merged, then I’ll close the topic.

Merged a few minutes ago.

Thanks for the update.