Keyboard lag and full-screen issues

Hello, I have tried Atom for the first time in about a year, tempted by a tweet about new Golang capabilities. I’ve now got v1.32.1 and am running it on macOS 10.14.1 Mojave, but there are a couple of issues: firstly, it is very laggy - enough to make it unusable. Secondly if I maximise the application, the entire screen goes blank. I know that Atom is known for having a pleasingly minimalist approach to its UI but that is ridiculous!

I’ve just gone into preferences and uninstalled any community packages and now I have 80 core packages. I don’t know if that is an excessive amount or not. It is still very laggy.

Thoughts, anyone?

Do you see the same laggy behavior if you try a few of the debugging suggestions?

https://flight-manual.atom.io/hacking-atom/sections/debugging/#using-safe-mode

I’d suggest trying safe mode, temporarily resetting to factory defaults, and clearing saved state (save any unsaved data first).

Secondly if I maximise the application, the entire screen goes blank.

So it’s just a black screen with no status bar or tree view and you can’t type anything? Is the menu bar still available?

and now I have 80 core packages. I don’t know if that is an excessive amount or not.

That many core packages is correct for that version of Atom.

Lastly, do you happen to have a .git/ directory in your home directory?

ls -ld ~/.git