Keybind Documentation is Confusion for Newbies (Like Me)

So I’m almost-completely new to Atom, but I come from an Emacs background. One of the things that attracted me to this editor over, say, Brackets, was the following line from the “Moving in Atom” section of the “Flight Manual”:

First of all, Atom ships with many of the basic Emacs keybindings for navigating a document.

The Manual proceeds to give the following examples:

To go up and down a single character, you can use ctrl-P and ctrl-N .

Sounds great. The only problem is that, as far as I can tell, these key combinations are actually bound to “fuzzy search” and “new” respectively. It kinda gets even worse when the Welcome dialog in Atom states that the most important keybind to remember is Ctrl-Shift-P, as it toggles the command palette, but the Flight Manual indicates that this same combination performs a “select up” function.

What’s going on, and what am I missing?

This is a duplicate of the following topic:

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.