JS error in interface

I keep getting this:

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

I will keep an eye on a condition that always generates this. I cannot reliably reproduce it. When it happened I was trying different fonts in the Preferences tab and switching to an editor tab to see if the font was any good.

If I can make it happen again, I’ll try the debugging steps on it.

This is on 0.123 on OSX 10.10 build 14A329f (DP6)

Both of those messages sound familiar. I think there is an issue with one of your packages.
@mark_hahn has recently been having issues with this unwanted scroll message, but this very createNodeIterator error came up in recent days… ehmm… here: https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/3318.
Not much information there, though.

Here’s a new one to add to the list. My error symbols are useless with all these different garbage errors.

Here’s more on the scrolling message from @nathansobo:

I mainly put the log message in there because I couldn’t figure out the circumstances in which the browser was autoscrolling, so I just recover from the situation and log.

So, at least nothing to worry about on that front.

I said from the beginning that it caused no problem, except that these things clog up the logs and cause the error indicators to always show making them useless. I’m getting three different ones now. I never got them in old versions. It makes me think Atom is getting flakier and it doesn’t help generate any confidence.

Edit: It’s actually four counting the react ad.

And I just added that bit of commentary from the guy who wrote that warning message, confirming / reinforcing that it doesn’t.
Calm down, your point is well taken. I think a lot of the extra logging is going to disappear once development on the core slows down and the code behavior gets more mature.

Sorry. I thought you were saying it didn’t matter.