Issues installing themes and packages

I can’t seem to install any themes or packages for atom. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times but still have no success. This is the error I got when trying to install a theme, for example. (this is not limited to this theme)

fs.js:922
  return binding.mkdir(pathModule._makeLong(path),
                 ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir 'C:\Users\erink\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\php\d-118631-18440-kbebto.pidyflmcxr'
    at Error (native)
    at Object.fs.mkdirSync (fs.js:922:18)
    at Object.mkdirSync (C:\Users\erink\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.28.2\resources\app\apm\node_modules\temp\lib\temp.js:137:6)
    at Request.<anonymous> (C:\Users\erink\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.28.2\resources\app\apm\lib\install.js:335:41)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at Request.onRequestResponse (C:\Users\erink\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.28.2\resources\app\apm\node_modules\request\request.js:1062:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at HTTPParser.parserOnIncomingClient [as onIncoming] (_http_client.js:474:21)```

Have you always had this issue or did it start with Atom 1.28.2? Also what version of Windows are you running?

I’ve never tried using Atom before. This is windows 10 64bit

I looked more closely at the error and noticed this part:

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir ‘C:\Users\erink\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\php\d-118631-18440-kbebto.pidyflmcxr’

Looks similar to the report here:

Can you give Lee’s suggestion a try?

setx TEMP="C:\Users\erink\AppData\Local\Temp"