Issues Installing on Fedora

I’m trying to get Atom running on Fedora. i went through the initial install and now I get some error. If anyone could give me some direction to move forward that would be great.

When I run “atom” I get, what looks like an empty browser.

When I run “apm” I get:

module.js:356
Module._extensions[extension](this, filename);
^
Error: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17’ not found (required by /usr/local/share/atom/resources/app/apm/node_modules/atom-package-manager/node_modules/git-utils/build/Release/git.node)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
at require (module.js:380:17)
at Object. (/usr/local/share/atom/resources/app/apm/node_modules/atom-package-manager/node_modules/git-utils/lib/git.js:8:16)
at Object. (/usr/local/share/atom/resources/app/apm/node_modules/atom-package-manager/node_modules/git-utils/lib/git.js:346:4)
at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:474:10)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)

ERROR: I got an error while building. Please help!

What version of glibc do you have installed? http://freeadhocudf.org/documentation_english/dok_eng_howto_glibc.html

It looks like I’m using 2.15. Any idea if Atom works with 2.15 or how to point it to use this version?

Sorry, no idea on both questions. Also, I’ve never used Fedora so I can’t be much help with specifics. However, I assume 2.17 is required for some reason. If rpm doesn’t have an update for you, you might have to update Fedora or build from source. This seems like a relavant SO question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17388612/how-to-update-glibc-2-17-in-centos.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is a work computer and for now I need to stay in this environment.

Does anyone else know if Glibc 2.17 is required for atom? or is there a method to use 2.15?

It might not be Atom that requires GLIBC 2.17. It might be git.node.

I noticed in another issue that Debdut is having a problem with 2.15 and libgcrypt.