Issue with autocomplete

Hey guys,

I’m new to Atom and am experiencing a weird problem when using the autocomplete package.

When I am typing some code the autocomplete box shows up for a second but then disappears before I have a chance to select anything. When I press Ctrl + Space the box appears and I am able to select an option using the arrow keys but ideally I would just like to be able to use it without having to press Ctrl + Space each time. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the package but this doesn’t seem to work.

I am running the latest version of Atom (v1.0.2).

The autocomplete packages I have are:

autocomplete-html
autocomplete-css
autocomplete-plus
autocomplete-atom-api

From what I understand autocomplete-plus overrides the other ones.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Russell

The autocomplete-plus package is a prerequisite of the other ones. It doesn’t override them. The other three packages are autocomplete providers, they provide autocomplete suggestions for things.

The default configuration of autocomplete-plus does not require you to press Ctrl+Space. If you are in a situation where a provider has autocomplete suggestions, they will simply show up if you stop typing.

If you’re still having issues, please record a GIF and post it so we can see what’s going on.

Thanks for your reply. How do I go about recording a GIF?

See the Common Questions section here:

I’ve attached the GIF. You can see the box appear and disappear on it’s own accord, then me bring it back up by using the Ctrl + Space combo.

Could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have Emmet installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

As mentioned it is v1.0.2 of Atom.
I’m running Mac OS X 10.9.5.
I do have Emmet installed.
The issue does not occur when I run Atom in safe mode.

I suspect that Emmet is the cause of the issue. Can you try disabling Emmet and then restart Atom normally?

Restarted normally with Emmet disabled and there are no issue with the autocorrect. It must be interfering.

UPDATE: I’ve uninstalled Emmet, restarted my computer overnight and am now experiencing the same issues again. So I guess it must be something else interfering.

For anyone else reading I have found the cause of my problem. I had a package installed called atom-html-preview which seemed to be messing the autocomplete package.