I’m looking for a platform to package HTML5 + JS content into an offline app for Win + Mac. The problem is that I have some specific requirements and would like to know if Electron is the right way forward with this.
The content will be coming from Adobe Animate and I have a mockup project with ‘all’ required functionality here:
Is this something I can build in Electron fairly simply?
Running html version can be found here: https://avtconnect.github.io/
Requirements for Desktop App build
- Works with HTML5/JS export from Adobe Animate
- Win & Mac application
- No installer
- Simple package download (i.e. ZIP file)
- No security prompt (UAC or otherwise)
- Function the same as online version (click to view document in default application, save file to disk)
- Executable file only, or only one/few subfolder(s)
- Must run on older Win systems (i.e. no HTML5 capable browser, Windows XP?)
- Auto-update if online access on launch