Is there a method to import/export settings?

Hi all,
during the beta phase I would like to have the chance to import/export settings in case I have to reinstall the editor. I thought about a single file containing custom stylesheets, custom keybindings, general settings and installed packages.

Is there something like this?

Thanks

All of the custom settings that you’re mentioning are stored in the ~/.atom directory, specifically:

• Custom styles: ~/.atom/styles.less
  • Custom keymaps: ~/.atom/keymap.cson
  • General settings: ~/.atom/config.cson
  • Installed packages: ~/.atom/packages
  • etc

So if you zipped up the contents of the ~/.atom directory, that would achieve what you’re asking for. You might want to be a little selective about what you archived because some things that are stored in the ~/.atom directory aren’t really meant to be transplanted … say across versions of Atom.

Is there going to be a import/export feature, so we don’t need to worry about things in ~/.atom/ dir which might not work across versions?

it would be nice to be able to easily snapshot to and restore from github repo.

A version agnostic way to export/import settings would be golden! I’d like a way to sync my settings between my Mac and PC.

Syncing settings between Mac, PC and Linux isn’t the issue. I meant more like having different configurations and wanting it to magically know what applied or not. You can find many suggestions for how to sync settings between machines here:

There seems not to be a feature that I can export all keymaps including keybinding defined in the core.
Does anyone have any idea?

There isn’t a feature to export the keybindings defined in core, no. You could potentially query the KeymapManager and write them all out somehow.

I accomplish this using a couple bash scripts

atom utils

alias atom2drop="cp -r ~/.atom ~/DropBox/code/.atom"
alias drop2atom=“cp -r ~/DropBox/code/.atom ~/.atom”

I have created a symbolic link so I don’t need to bother with any command.

ln -s ~/Dropbox/.atom ~/.atom

Since I only use Linux & MacOS I can’t verify that something similar to this will work on Windows.

For Windows users, there’s a shell extension that creates a context menu item that helps with creating symbolic links.

Just backup these

For customization : (Manually)
config.cson
github.cson (If configured)
init.coffee
keymap.cson
snippets.cson
style.less
And maybe there are other cson files that related to other plugins configs
so if you want to backup them is yours
Other Options is : Shells scripts made for this / Symlink / Alises shell / Dropbox and cloud storages