Is it possible to build an Electron app with just Bootstrap as the front-end library?

I’m trying to build a desktop app with Electron and I’m not sure if bootstrap alone is enough, my app will have several different views and will deal with a MySQL database. My knowldge on Angular and React are virtually non-existent that’s why I’m asking about Bootstrap.

Yep! Should be just fine. I make mine on my own

Thanks! What is the best way to use Bootstrap with Electron? I mean do you have to install it? I got the example templates from bootstrap’s official website and it renders (used CDN) but I don’t think the JavaScript work because the drop-down button doesn’t do anything when I click it.

Just do what you do to make a website using Bootstrap.[quote=“k0sar, post:3, topic:41842”]
I mean do you have to install it?
[/quote]
Well probably not but take a look at this[quote=“k0sar, post:3, topic:41842”]
but I don’t think the JavaScript work because the drop-down button doesn’t do anything when I click it.
[/quote]
Check the console if there’s any error, also don’t forget to include the bootstrap js files.

There are no errors in the console but still the buttons don’t work.

Bootstrap is only a CSS framework it doesn’t give you a way to manipulate the DOM for example.

You could in principle do everything with vanilla JS, or jQuery, but I’d recommend you to take some time and learn a modern library to avoid micro managing the DOM.

Vue is super easy and is excellent for beginners. You just need to import Vue with a <script> tag, write your templates directly in your index.html and finally write your JS somewhere (either another <script> or some .js file). You can of course get it running with Webpack, ES6, the whole enchilada, but it’s not needed.