iPad Pro and IOS

Hello guys, I love this program, very simple, minimalist and very easy to use. Now Apple had launch the new iPad Pro to the market, and I want to know if you know is this program will be available on IOS.

Thank you so much!!

Sorry. No one is porting to IOS. It runs on node and chrome and I’m sure apple wouldn’t allow it.

I think it’s a brilliant idea to bring Atom.io to iOS or just specifically iPad platform, making assumption that people will dock a keyboard for using it.

Since Apple is pushing hardly for portable app over iPad Pro, I think Atom.io will definitely start a good inspiration by doing so, redefining mobile productivity …

Seriously, atom for the iPad pro would be amazing. I know that Mark_hahn shot it down, but if Atom was on the iPad I’d get so much more utilization out of my iPad Pro. There are so many times where I want to code on the go so my iPad Pro is far more convienent to lug around than my MacBook Pro. Right now the only mobile text editor app that I have available is Coda, and it is definitely buggy. Atom should enter the app market and trump Coda, which cost $25, and it’s not even as good as Atom.

Besides what @mark_hahn said, the Atom maintainer team has no plans to port Atom to mobile platforms:

has your view changed on this @leedohm? I am thinking about getting an iPad Pro (2017 model) would love Atom on iOS

If you are using Python try Pythonista for iOS.

If I’m not mistaken, aside from the developer’s decision to focus on desktop, it’s actually Apple’s policy that restricts this from happening.

Apple, however, requires that any browser that renders content on the device be of the Webkit variety (in order to control execution of downloaded/non-original code).

Note that this is not just a wrapper of native Safari (an important point!) as Safari has some improvements to the Javascript engine that essentially JIT compiles JS to native code and thus has better performance. Due to fact that this compiled code would be native (and thus potentially have security implications, and would be equivalent to downloaded/non-original code in Apple’s eye), no other browser receives these enhancements – only Safari.

via Quora

Has anyone used:

?

Seems like a promising text editor for iOS?