Installing apm on Windows: Am I missing something?

So basically, I made a little syntax theme for Atom, and I would like to publish it. The tutorial page says I need to install apm, the Atom Package Manager, to do so. I’d love to do that, but the instructions reference a menu in Atom (Atom > Install Shell Commands) that does not seem to exist, at least not in the Windows version. I’ve searched everywhere I can think of for an answer, but have found nothing, which kind of bewilders me.

How do I install apm on my Windows machine? If the answer already exists somewhere, please feel free to point me in that direction. Thanks very much.

Cannot find install shell
Problem with package installation
Still cannot publish my package!

It should already be installed as part of Atom. Can you open Atom from the command line?

cc @mark_hahn

Neither the atom command nor the apm command does anything, if that’s what you mean. I’m not a regular command-line user, so my experience with this kind of thing is somewhat limited.

Edit: That is to say, they just return error messages along the lines of “command not found”.

Hi, Is the apm inlcuded in your PATH?

I’m not even sure what that means. Sorry. Like I said, my experience with command-line work is limited.

No need to apologize :). Take a look here [How to set the path and environment variables in Windows][1]
[1]: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
Basicly you need to add(careful do not remove what is already in path!) path to apm, then you might need to log out and log in back If I remember correctly.

Ok, I fixed it. The problem was that the default path for apm and atom is C:\Applications\Atom\..., but I placed my Atom files in a folder in C:\Program Files\. So it couldn’t find the files.

Thanks for your help.

Hi this atom is installing in my C:\Users\indira\AppData\Local\ folder is am not able to set path ?
Please help

Normally, the Atom installer does add the C:\Users\indira\AppData\Local\atom\bin directory to your path, which should make atom and apm available to you on the command line.

Just copy the path " C:\Users\indira\AppData\Local\atom\bin " and paste it into the environment variables.

Perfect answer, but use “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\atom\bin” so you will not link your specific user.