Instalation failed

I tried to install Atom on Windows 10 on my 64-bit computer but installation failed. I tried few times to install stable Atom and Atom beta, and I have also runned it as administrator but every time installation failed. What should I do? image

Hello.

I suggest to you to do a portable installation.
Please see the link ->
https://flight-manual.atom.io/getting-started/sections/installing-atom/#portable-mode

BR

Now I see in installation log that path is too long.> IEnableLogger: Failed to install package to app dir: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

This is a known, old, and probably deeply-rooted bit of poor behavior in Windows that most programs work around or avoid, but Squirrel (the installer used by Atom to update itself) is not able to do that for reasons beyond my knowing. Installing Atom in portable mode will fix it, but you won’t receive automatic updates to Atom. All of your packages will update normally. If you can shorten your user ID, that would also fix the problem. I don’t know what the limit is, just that this happens sometimes and the logs people post all have rather long user IDs.

I get a report of my avast virus protection.
That there is unsafe behavior and therefore update.exe is taken to the safe and not executed.

It’s safe, but the way it handles files can cause antivirus software to be suspicious about it. If you temporarily disable the antivirus while you install Atom, it should work.

Thank you!