Importing class.subclass and invoking class.method() are shown as red in python

help%20%C3%B9
I’ve tried deleting the .atom folder and even reinstalling it but nothing seems to work. I know it’s an atom bug/problem because on my linux vm they are correctly shown and it has been working normally on my windows machine before too. I’ve also tried checking if python was not added to the system path and I’ve even tried using different versions and switching from x86 to x64 python but nothing changed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is that the first thing you tried for a code highlighting issue?

I know it’s an atom bug/problem because on my linux vm they are correctly shown and it has been working normally on my windows machine before too.

Yes, but is it a bug/problem in the first place? Think about the possible reasons why code might be highlighted differently between different computers. Either you have a different theme, or you have a different active language package. If your Linux VM has magicpython installed, that could be why they’re highlighted differently. Alternatively, if you have the setting Core -> Use Tree Sitter Parsers enabled, that could be why they’re highlighted differently.

Before you can identify it as a bug, you first have to eliminate the non-bug possibilities.

I’ve also tried checking if python was not added to the system path

Atom’s language system has no dependency on any compilers or interpreters.

No, deleting the .atom folder was not the first thing I’ve tried of course. It seems to be happening only with the stock themes. Use Tree Sitter Parsers was disabled in my case. Changing to a new non-default theme seems to have solved it. Thank you