I would like to make a $20 donation for the holidays how do I do this?

Title ^ 20 chars. :stuck_out_tongue:

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of GitHub nor a member of the Atom Core team. I’m just an enthusiastic volunteer.

GitHub takes care of all of the hosting expenses for the https://atom.io website, including this message board. So donations to the site aren’t necessary. If you want to monetarily contribute directly to the cost of developing Atom, I can ask them if such a thing is possible. Or you could perhaps just get a subscription to GitHub.

On the other hand, you may want to consider donating to one of the following charities. I have donated to or volunteered with all of them in the past:

• Child’s Play — brings stuffed animals, toys and video games to children’s hospitals and domestic abuse shelters around the world
  • Project for Awesome 2015 — A charity of charities … read the site, it’ll make more sense than me trying to explain :laughing:
  • App Camp for Girls — helps middle-school age girls learn about software development
  • Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network — besides educating about sexual abuse, they operate a national toll-free hotline (1-800-656-HOPE) for people to get help of all sorts. A friend of mine called them when they were considering suicide and it really helped.

These are just the charities I have personal experience with (that’s why they’re USA-centric). Please everyone feel free to suggest charities they have experience with.

It would be odd to donate to a for-profit company. (grin)

Oh, interesting. :slight_smile:

So Atom is a direct product of Github?

:laughing: Very true.

Yes, it is.

Yea, that’s what I meant. :slight_smile: That was my intention. I like to support the programs that I use regularly when I can.

It came directly from github and is now open-source, but they keep full-control. They have a team of 4 or 5 employees supporting it.

I suppose you’re right lol. I’ll provide a link back at the bottom of my website like a “Created With” icon then. That’s probably the best thing to do in this case.

Thanks for all the info guys!

I’m not all that good with making buttons and images and graphics but I did the best I could! :smile:

I’ll be putting this image on the footer of my website to show support!

Seems like an opportune moment to mention that Atom ROCKS!

I would suggest using the official logo (with text), main point being making it more recognizable at a glance. Using the same green the editor uses would help, too.
Also please, provide a link to your page (if you don’t mind) so we can check how it looks :smile:

P.S: Of course this is just a suggestion. You’re the one to decide how your page should look like

I had to take it down, it looked butt ugly as I’m just terrible with graphics lol. My website is http://www.thexeno.com and the forums are located at http://www.thexeno.com/forums

I’ll probably just use the official logo I guess w/out the “created with” text.