I want a keybinding that basically does the following:
Toggle open a specific file to a pane to the right.
This file lies under ~/ADrive/my.todo and is not in the same directory as the project open.
This is what I’m currently doing. manually.
- Open the file with advanced-open-file
- Press cmd-k right to copy the file to a pane to the right.
- Switch back to the first pane to close the file cmd-w.
- Switch to the right pane again.
If the above is automated with a keybinding / macro. I want the following to happen if i press the same keybinding again:
- Close file in right pane.
- Then close right pane.
Now this I might be able to automate the first part with macro’s.
However since I want the same keybinding to do the reverse aswell I don’t really know how to do it.
Does anyone here have any ideas? Is it possible to toggle with a keybinding?
Any help is appreciated!