I’m having a problem where no matter what UI or Syntax

Hi
I’m new to Atom and I’m having a problem where no matter what UI or Syntax theme I install, the text editor will not colorize the HTML angle brackets </> at all, despite the theme screenshot preview clearly showing that. When inspecting the angle brackets using the Dev Tools, they are just showing up as regular text, no CSS class attached to them.
Thanks

Atom has recently (over the past few months) switched to a more context-aware parsing system, and the fallout has included code not looking the same because the language is parsed differently. At the moment, it is possible (in Settings under Core) to toggle between the old style of grammar and the new one. I am not aware of plans to completely remove the old grammars, so you should be fine using them into the future. They are not likely to receive updates in the future; however, the syntax of JavaScript and HTML changes very little and I do not expect the old grammars to ever be obsolete while those languages remain useful. Feel free to disable this setting.