I can't fold my code

Hello,

I recently installed Atom, and I can’t see any ways to fold some parts of my code on the gutter line.

Did I have to install a package? Because I remember when I was using Atom on another PC that he had the code folding function in the core.

Thanks,

Greetings,

Thomas.

Mouse over the gutter and you’ll see arrows appear.

It looks like I don’t have any gutter line indeed. I haven’t changed Atom settings, did Atom have a gutter line? Or I must install a package to have it?

You should not require any package for it to work, can you show a screenshot of the gutter or editor that you see?

I installed the package toggle-gutter in order to enable my gutter-bar (line numbers with fold function).

Here is an imgur album about my gutter-line.

Maybe it’s a theme issue, but that would be very strange because I’m using the default theme from Atom dev’s (One Dark UI and Firewatch syntax).

I just checked and it seems like the fold arrows are indeed not shown when the Show Line Numbers core setting is disabled.
Can you try disabling the toggle-gutter package and checking the Atom setting Show Line Numbers instead to see if that corrects the problem.

I disabled the package and checked the Atom setting Show Line Numbers, it was disabled. I enabled it and restarted Atom, and it is working now. Fold works too!

Since it’s good, is there a way to put this thread as resolved?

Thanks for helping me.

This should probably be filed as an issue in the Atom repository. I expect the line numbers setting to not affect the visibility of the folding arrows.

That’s right, I will take a look at their repo and report it.

There is an already open issue for this here:

Please don’t report a new one :grinning:

Wow i did search and couldnt find one. Maybe cause it is unresolved for so long. Sorry about that.

Also related topic: Use the gutter without enabling linenumbers

Thanks @Maxim. Since this is a duplicate of the previous topic:

I’m going to close this one. We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.