HTML5 Project templates

I’m new to atom and I’m loving it so far. I’ve been looking for a package that will create a new html5 project with, say, a skeleton index.html that loads jQuery and directories for images, Coffeescript, Less, and whatever else is needed to facilitate development, testing, and deployment using those tools.

I found one package, atom-html5-boilerplate, that looked like it might possibly be useful, but apm says its not compatible with the current version of atom.

What’s the best way to accomplish this in atom?

Thanks,
Mike

I can help you with:

a skeleton index.html

Create an empty HTML-file, then type html and press TAB. This will generate a skeleton HTML-file. You can also write your own snippets, so you can generate any skeleton you like.

Thanks, nylki. I had not yet looked into Snippets. Very flexible and, as you pointed out, many common abbreviations are already defined.

The bigger part of my question, that I should have phrased more carefully, has to do with automatically creating a well-structured project directory. That doesn’t have to happen from within atom. I can easily write a simple shell script with mkdir and cp -R to copy from a template directory. So permit me to restate the question.

For a web project built with HTML5+CoffeeScript+Less+jQuery:

• What does a best-practice directory structure look like?
  • What atom and npm packages are recommended?

I realize that this is a subjective question of the kind that would quickly get closed on StackOverflow. Hope that’s ok here. I’m definitely not looking to start a religious argument, just looking for some useful recommendations.

Thanks!