HTML troubleshooting

I’m writing an experiment in jsPsych in an html format, but when I try to open the experiment in my browser, I’m met with only a blank screen. It’s supposed to be displaying an image for 4s. I’ve been using Atom to write the experiment.

It is impossible to troubleshoot your HTML if you don’t share your HTML.

Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry, I thought I did! Thank you!

Where is imagedogs1.jpg? What do you see when you open the developer tools in your browser?

It’s a trial image that I put in place of another image, that I will input for the actual experiment. It’s stored on my one drive, and when I try to open this in my browser, I either see the .txt file or a blank screen with my file name at the top

If your HTML folder is on your desktop and the image is in One Drive, that’s why it’s not working. The browser is looking where you told it to, and you only gave it the name of the image so it assumes that it needs to look in the folder the HTML file is in.

when I try to open this in my browser, I either see the .txt file or a blank screen with my file name at the top

Under what circumstances does each appear? When you press ctrl-shift-i, what do you see?

I moved the image and the HTML folder to a shared folder on my desktop and it still is not working. This is the screen that I see when I press ctrl-shift-i

This is the screen I see why I try to open the file through the browser

Press ctrl-shift-i in Chrome.

This is the screen that comes up when I do ctrl-shit-i in chrome. My apologies, I’m still very new to this!

Those errors tell you exactly what’s going on. Your code isn’t being run because the browser is unable to find jspsych.js. Is that because it’s in C:\Users\cffor\Desktop\jspsych-6.0.5, and your code is in the folder C:\Users\cffor\Desktop\html? Right now, your code is telling the browser to look for C:\Users\cffor\Desktop\html\jspsych-6.0.5\jspsych.js.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Need help viewing my HTML and CSS in the browser