HTML Document and numbers

Hi, I’m on Atom 1.5.4 on a Mac (running Mavericks). BTW This is pretty much a brand new installation, so I just have the 77 “Installed Packages”. This is the weirdest thing … I cannot enter any numbers in an html doc (from number keys above the letters or from the number pad). If I change the file extension to xml or txt it allows it. Is anybody else encountering this?

Numbers don't work on HTML

I assume you have the emmet package installed? Can you reproduce the problem in Safe Mode? To launch Safe Mode:

1. Completely exit all instances of Atom
  2. Launch Atom with the command atom --safe

Safe mode made no difference … still the same behavior. However, if I depress the ctrl + alt key plus a number key it works! So, so strange. (mind you all this only pertains to html docs to the best of my knowledge.)

Have you tried using the Keybinding Resolver (Cmd+. on OS X and Ctrl+. on other platforms)? It will show you what key Atom saw you press and the command that was triggered because of it.

So sorry, I had put an entry in my keymap.cson … to open html in browser keybinding, it did a little more than that :stuck_out_tongue: . Anyway, that keybinding trick was awesome. Thanks so much.