How to set up the following config?

I don’t know much about any of this but I just migrated from pycharm to atom and want to have it work with C, python and java. Which packages should I install? I want to have autocomplete and highlighted errors. And any other packages you could recommend

I’ve read a lot of posts and stuff online but there’s just too much info and I only get more confused.
If I want to run everything through the terminal what should I do? I installed the shell commands from atom but don’t know what they are for.

Also should I just use Eclipse with java like everybody else?

Eclipse is very good choice … or VS CODE

magicpython and autocomplete-python are the big two, for that language. Eventually, I expect that many of us will switch to ide-python, since it offers more power in a standardized package, but it’s still in development.

If I want to run everything through the terminal what should I do?

Click on Packages at the top of this web site, type “terminal” into the search bar, and observe what comes up. You should judge which package you want to use based on its popularity, what features it demonstrates, and how frequently it is updated. I’ve used termination, but lately I just use process-palette for everything. It doesn’t give you an interactive terminal, but I’ve found that most of the things I need a terminal for are things I prefer to do outside of Atom, and most of what I want to do in Atom can be done through shell commands that I don’t have to interact with after.

I installed the shell commands from atom but don’t know what they are for.

In case you need to manually install them. Sometimes Macs forget about them, I’ve gathered, so that feature is in place to manually (re)install them.

Also should I just use Eclipse with java like everybody else?

If you plan to develop professionally and work on big-scale projects where you need the best debugging tools, I hear Eclipse is great. I’m a dabbler and work with a variety of different languages, including writing more generally, and I appreciate the fact that I can have a decent level of support for anything I decide to work with in the same editor I use for the rest of my work.

Recommending Software B when somebody asks for help or advice about Software A is a bad habit and hardly any help, even less so on a forum dedicated to Software A