How to search "hidden folder"

Hi,

Part of my project folder looks like so,

When I use “Project Find” to search key words, those “hidden” folders won’t be searched. How do I search those folders?

Also I do not understand why “buildtools” is considered hidden. It does not appear hidden in Windows Explorer, although it is auto-generated by a command-line tool.

There are three kinds of “hidden” folders/files going on here.

1. OS-ignored files: Files with the “hidden” flag turned on in Windows/Mac, and files that start with a dot.
  2. VCS (i.e., Git)-ignored files: The files that match a pattern in the .gitignore file, if one exists.
  3. Atom-ignored files: Files that match a pattern in the “Ignored names” setting in Atom preferences.

Which of these does Windows Explorer/Finder care about when determining what to show or hide

1. OS-ignored files: The OS obviously respects these (unless “show hidden files” is turned on).
  2. VCS (i.e., Git)-ignored files: The OS doesn’t know that these should be hidden.
  3. Atom-ignored files: The OS doesn’t know that these should be hidden.

Which of these does Atom care about when determining what to gray out?

1. OS-ignored files: Atom and most other code editors don’t respect this, because there are a lot of OS-ignored files that people commonly edit: (config files, .gitignore, .travis.yml, etc.
  2. VCS (i.e., Git)-ignored files: Whether these are grayed out is determined by the “Exclude VCS-ignored paths” in Atom preferences.
  3. Atom-ignored files: Obviously Atom respects these.

Conclusions

1. Whether you can see the file in Explorer (#1) is not related to whether it’s grayed out in Atom (#2, #3).
  2. Why is buildtools grayed out? It’s either (#2) being gitignored or (#3) matching a pattern in your Atom preferences under “Ignored names”.