How to run scripts in Atom?

I don’t want to keep saving my file in Atom, just to open the Python IDLE, open my script in python, then run it every time to see how my script will look and run. Kind of defeats the purpose of the Atom text editor if I just have to run back into Python every time. I tried the scripts package in Atom and it just runs the script, telling me how fast it was to do so. It doesn’t give me a prompt to input things into my script so it can continue to process.

Atom is not an IDE. It can act like one, but only if you build it up to be one.

I tried the scripts package in Atom and it just runs the script, telling me how fast it was to do so. It doesn’t give me a prompt to input things into my script so it can continue to process.

script does not have the capability to generate input prompts. That is a fact about that package, and if you need input prompts then script doesn’t fit your needs (there’s a GitHub issue or three about that). You could use termination to get a terminal inside Atom and run your scripts with that.

I got help from a couple of developers on this one Discord. They gave me a few packages to work with that adds a in window terminal and such to Atom. Thank you so much!