How to run a piece of code defined in the keybind?

How can I run a piece of code using keybind without write a line and then press ctrl-enter?

atom.commands.add 'atom-workspace',
'custom:teste', ->
  atom.commands.dispatch("print(2)", 'hydrogen:run')

UPDATE 1:

Sorry, I mean execute a language program, as Python or R.

atom.commands.add 'atom-workspace', 'custom:teste', -> 
  atom.commands.dispatch("x <- 2", 'hydrogen:run')

and then a use this variable in the editor

print(x)

Is possible to do that?

When posting code on the forums, remember to mark it as code (highlight it and press the </> button above the editor) so that we can see where your whitespace is. I don’t know what you intended with the "print(2)", but that’s supposed to be an HTMLElement so that Atom knows where to generate the dispatched command.

Try this instead:

atom.commands.add 'atom-workspace', 'custom:test', (evt) ->
  atom.commands.dispatch evt.target, 'hydrogen:run'

Sorry for the bad writting.
I updated the question.

My motivation behind it is that I want to save the workspace of my variables of the currently R session that i am working, using the funtion save.image(). But I do not want to write this code to execute then, I just want to press some hotkey to do it.

With that syntax? No, and I’m not sure why you’re still focusing on dispatch() as the answer. Think about the command you’re trying to trigger and what it expects. hydrogen:run is going to work on a text editor you have open, so if you want to run code in Hydrogen, you’re going to need it open in a text editor. You can’t just shoehorn a package command into a role that it was never intended to play. No, if you want to run Python code on a keybinding without having an editor open, you’re going to want to use a command-line instruction to a python executable via Atom’s BufferedProcess API (which is how all of the code-running packages work behind the scenes).