How to recover deleted files?

Just deleted a few files of previous projects by accident. Is it possible to get them back?

P.S I checked the Trash, they were not there.

This is more of an OS question than an Atom question really. Have you tried Stack Overflow? (Though I suspect that the files, other than via Herculean efforts, are gone.)

Time is critical: There’s a small period of time where a file is marked as free-space, but not yet claimed by something else. That’s also true for the file index. If that’s true file is relatively easy to recover. If not you’ll have to recover fragments.

On windows Recuva is freeware, so it might be a first thing to try. On mac I do not have any experience.

To practice your google foo, undelete is the term you are looking for.

Time is critical: There’s a small period of time where a file is marked as free-space, but not yet claimed by something else. That’s also true for the file index. If that’s true file is relatively easy to recover. If not you’ll have to recover fragments.

On windows iPhonetransferrecovery and is freeware, so it might be a first thing to try. On mac I do not have any experience.

To practice your google foo, undelete is the term you are looking for.

I will try them out. thx for the kindly suggestion.

I’ve lost some very important files after having to do a factory reset. The photos were supposed to be backed up, but turns out it never backed anything up so everything is just lost. Anyway, I tried this and it did not work, and I used Moibledic to recover all my lost data: http://www.mobiledic.com/ it works fine!

This has nothing to do with Atom. Please refer to some of the great many other support sites on the Internet.

Closing this as off-topic.